Preparing for the Gathering - Romans 8:9-11
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Reread Romans 8:9-11. Reflect on your life in light of this passage. What conviction and/or gratitude comes to mind from your time in this passage?
- What comes to mind specifically when you read the hope offered in verse 11? What do you have to be thankful for based solely on this verse?
- Thank the Lord for his work in your life based on this passage. Ask the Lord for help in continued sanctification to better reflect Christ.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Sam Karl: teaching.