Preparing for the Gathering - Genesis: Book of Beginnings (Part 1)
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Read Genesis 1:1-23. Reflect on what you believe about the origin of the world. What are the main inputs that have shaped your view regarding how the world came into existance?
- What is your response to God in light of this passage? In your life recently, have you neglected the worship of God as a response to his creation? Reflect on the characteristics of God that are displayed through this portion of Scripture.
- Locate specific points from this passage for which you are thankful to God. Pray for the Lord's sustaining hand in the world, specifically in the life of our congregation.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & Scripture Reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.