Preparing for the Gathering - Christmas Affections (Part 2)
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Search the motives of you heart in your affections and list them out. Use the twelve affections to be covered this Sunday.
- Pray for one another, listing out specific ways to pray, for those you know well and looking for others in the church you don’t know as well. Have some idea of how others can be praying for your spiritually this week in relation to the sermon.
- Pray for the affections of our church leaders to be raised even higher as affection number 11 points out. Pray for us all as a body to pursue in such a way that “the higher gracious affections are raised, the greater the spiritual appetite and longing of soul after spiritual attainments”.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Adam Naler: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.