Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 12:1-3
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Prepare your heart for the passage this week by meditating on the Word, studying the preparing for the sermon post, and praying for the Spirit to give you a spirit of meekness and humility to be taught, corrected, and encouraged in the active and living Words of God.
- Prepare your mind by writing out what you think of when someone mentions spiritual gifts before the sermon. Take time to review your thoughts after the sermon on Sunday and evaluate how the Lord can work through his Word in your understanding, regardless if you differed or if you concurred with the exposition of this passage.
- Continue to meditate how you are interwoven into the body and how we impact each other in the body, regardless if we see it or not. Have you ever been encouraged in a way from others you were unaware was having any influence on others whether intention or not? Have you been confronted with anything that might have been sinfully hurting the body that you were unaware? Is it good to become aware of both? Look for ways you can do both in the body in a loving and caring way through the Word.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Joel Conrad: music; Brett Harris: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.