Preparing for the Gathering - 1 Cor. 10:23-30
Prepare your heart for our Sunday Morning Gathering by looking through these suggestions that will assist you in making the most of our time together.
You will find tangible suggestions for putting scripture to action in your personal life and in our corporate body, links to the songs we will sing, and lyrics for you to prepare for our corporate singing.
Please see the Preparing for the Sermon post for suggestions in thinking more critically through the passage, meditating more intently on the text, and prayerfully seeking wisdom to deepen your understanding of the passage to be preached this Sunday.
- Confess and turn away from the tendency in your heart to selfishness that this passage exposes. Seek to cultivate a heart of selflessness that prioritizes the good of others in the gospel instead of elevating selfish desires.
- Pray that the Lord would use the preaching of his Word in your life, and the lives of others in the congregation at Summit Woods, to cut away at our selfish tendencies. Pray that we would hold our liberties loosely, always being willing to give them up at the drop of a hat if it means the good of someone else and the glory of God.
- Pray that Pastor Bret would faithfully interpret and proclaim God’s Word this Sunday. Spend time in prayer preparing your heart for the preaching of the Word. Intentionally listen to the Word of God being preached, being prayerful, asking the Lord to expose sin in your heart and life, as well as in the lives of others.
- Click the links below to find the lyrics and recordings of the songs planned for our gathering this Sunday; practice the songs, study the lyrics and sing together.
- Pray for those leading our corporate gathering this week and for the Holy Spirit’s work as the Word of God is further explained and applied: Dawson Bryant: music; Mark Krystyniak: Elders' prayer & scripture reading; Bret Capranica: teaching.