Sunday School Weekly Lesson - Oct. 29, 2017
Here is a brief summary of what your children learned this past week in Sunday School for the 3-year olds up through 4th grade. You can use this alongside the weekly preparing posts to prepare your families for the Lord's Day by reading through Scripture and seeking to apply it daily.
Title: God Calls Israel to Love through Obedience
Passage: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Principle: God calls us to meditate on and obey His Word.
Praise: "I Love You, Lord"
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How was Israel to love God?
- What were parents to teach their children?
- How can we apply God’s Word to our lives?
- Should anything be more important to us than God?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By memorizing Scripture to meditate on throughout the day.
- By applying the truth of God’s Word to his life today.
- By checking his heart to make sure nothing has taken God’s place.
This Week: As a family, read Deuteronomy 11:8–17; 28:20.
Find previous lessons here.